Professional Development Fund and Conference Reimbursement
The current board of the Graduate Student Organization (GSO) believes that conferences specific to professional development or experiential in a given graduate study discipline are important for the constituencies. In this regard, the GSO has earmarked funds to be used to offset costs of attending such conferences for graduate students of Springfield College. The following are the criteria for how these funds will be dispersed:
- Graduate students may ask for reimbursement of up to $50 annually to attend a conference related to his or her academic pursuit. Students must either present an educational session or volunteer at the conference to receive reimbursement. Documentation must be submitted with the request for reimbursement. Students may seek reimbursement ONCE during an academic year.
- Reimbursement is granted only towards the registration fee associated with the conference. GSO will not fund or reimburse costs associated with transportation, housing, food, entertainment, or other expenses incurred by the student through conference attendance.
- The student requesting funding for conference reimbursement MUST complete the Conference Funding Request Form available in the Office of Student Activities and Campus Union. Reimbursements will NOT be processed without a completed request form. Reimbursement IS NOT guaranteed.
- GSO does not front monies for conference attendance. It is the student’s responsibility to register for the conference and request reimbursement.
- Graduate students are not permitted to request reimbursement funding from SGA or Class Boards.
In order to accommodate processing time (check requests, etc.) all requests must be submitted to the Treasurer of the GSO Affairs no later than two (2) weeks prior to the conference registration deadline. If requests are submitted after that date, GSO may not be able to guarantee funding. Upon approval of funding, it is the student organization’s or individual’s responsibility to complete a voucher for transfer or payment.