Meningitis Vaccine Requirement
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health requires all newly enrolled students at postsecondary institutions to receive information about meningococcal disease and vaccination. Newly enrolled full-time residential undergraduate and graduate students in a degree-granting program who live in a dormitory or comparable congregate living arrangement licensed or approved by the postsecondary institution are required to provide documentation of receipt of meningococcal vaccination unless they have a medical or religious exemption.
What the meningococcal vaccination regulations mean to incoming students:
- Newly enrolled students who reside in campus housing must comply with the Springfield College meningococcal (meningitis) vaccination requirement by providing written documentation of having received one dose of meningococcal polysaccharide vaccine (MPSV4) within the last five years (or a dose of meningococcal conjugate vaccine (MCV4) at any time in the past). The certificate of immunization must be supplied within 30 days of registration.
- Newly enrolled students who do not reside in campus housing may decline the vaccination by completing the waiver on the “forms” page. Students who do not reside in campus housing and decide to decline the vaccine must return the completed waiver within 30 days of registration. Completed waiver forms may be submitted by mail or faxed to:
Springfield College Health Center
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
Fax: (413) 748-3444
Denied class registration (registration hold) will be enforced for students who are non-compliant with health requirements
For more information, contact the Springfield College Health Center at (413) 748-3175.
To view more information from the Massachusetts Department of Public Health Fact Sheet check out Meningococcal Disease and College Students(.pdf)
Student Health Center Hours
- Monday – Friday
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- Administrative Services Only
Call: 413 748-3175
- Springfield College Health Center
- 263 Alden Street
- Springfield, MA 01109
- Telephone: (413) 748-3175
- Fax: (413) 748-3444