Wellness and Recreation Complex User Eligibility
A. College Community
- 1. Full-time undergraduate and graduate students
- 2. Full- and part-time faculty and staff
- 3. ARAMARK and Follett employees
- 4. Part-time students and all School of Human Services students with payment of applicable recreation fee
B. Other Patrons*
- 1. Dependents of faculty and staff up to age 22
- 2. Spouses/partners of full-time faculty, staff, and students
- 3. Retired full-time faculty and staff
*Individuals listed in category B must fill out the Patron Information Form.
*Dependents (of faculty and staff) between the ages of 18 and 22 are required to obtain a Springfield College ID card.
A. Family Policies
- 1. Spouses, partners, and dependents of faculty and staff must complete a patron application. Click here to print a copy of this form, or visit the Campus Recreation office. Approval may be required before ID is issued.
- 2. Dependents under the age of 18 must have a parent or guardian sign the patron application.
- 3. Dependents 18 years of age or older are permitted in all the areas of the facilities.
- 4. Dependents 17 years of age or younger need to be with their sponsor at all times and are not permitted to use the fitness areas and climbing wall.
- 5. Eligibility is automatically terminated if the primary Springfield College affiliate is no longer an employee of the College.
- 6. Springfield College recognizes dependents as defined by the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.
- 7. Campus Recreation reserves the right to require proof of dependency.
- 8. Spouses/partners of faculty and staff will be required to show proof of cohabitant (i.e. driver's license or household bill with the same address as spouse/partner.)
- 9. Dependents 18 years of age or older will have to purchase a Springfield College ID card.
B. Returning students that are pre-registered for fall semester will be granted access during summer sessions.
C. Domestic partner policy:
- 1. Domestic partners of full-time faculty/staff who are cohabitating will be eligible to use the Wellness and Recreation Complex for $125 annually
- 2. A patron information form will be available to be completed at the campus recreation office
- 3. Proof of cohabitation will require either a) copies of drivers’ licenses that have the same address or b) copies of two bills with both partners names on them delivered to the same address
- 4. Annually Campus Recreation will confirm all partner status via the employed faculty/staff member
A. College Community
- 1. Unrestricted access to all facilities and programs
B. Other Patrons
- 1. Use of the Linkletter Natatorium
- 2. Walking or jogging on the Field House indoor track
- 3. Use of cardiovascular and strength fitness equipment* (Must be 18 or older)
- 4. Use of racquetball and squash courts
- 5. Recreational climbing on the climbing wall* (Must be 18 or older)
- 6. Participation in open recreation activities
- 7. Use of the locker rooms and day lockers
- 8. Equipment checkout
- 9. Participation in group exercise classes and wellness programs* (Must be 18 or older)
- 10. Access to personal training services* (Must be 18 or older)
- 11. Services in the Wellness Resource Center* (Must be 18 or older)
*Access to programs maybe limited based on college community participants.