Summer 2014 Hours of Operation
Wellness and Recreation Complex:
- Monday - Friday: 7 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Closed on weekends
Please note change in hours effective June 16:
- Monday - Friday: 6 a.m. - 7 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday: 9 a.m. - 12 p.m.*
*Use Wellness Entrance for facility access.
Closed: July 4-6 (holiday weekend), August 30 and 31 (staff training), and Monday, September 1 (Labor Day)
- May 21 - June 20:
11:30 a.m - 1:30 p.m. weekdays (no rec swim Saturday or Sunday)
- June 23 - Aug 15:
7 a.m. - 9 a.m.; 11:45 a.m. - 1 p.m.; 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. weekdays
*On Fridays there will be no 4 p.m. - 6 p.m. open swim session.
- Closed through Labor Day
Hours subject to change for holidays and events.
MissionTo promote the health, fitness, and wellness of the College’s students, faculty, and staff through their participation in a variety of structured and informal recreational activities and adventures emphasizing lifelong wellness.
How We Achieve Our MissionCampus Recreation offers programs, services, and employment opportunities that enhance a student’s co-curricular experience and promote the development of self-esteem, leadership skills, healthy behaviors, meaningful relationships, career opportunities or choices, effective communication, and more.
Supporting the MissionCampus Recreation supports its mission through:
- Structured and unstructured activities and diverse programs and services in
- open recreation
- intramural sports
- sport clubs
- fitness and wellness
- extramural programs
- Leadership and collaboration in coordinating and scheduling events, facilities, and maintenance with our partners in the School of Health, Physical Education, and Recreation and the College’s intercollegiate athletics program
- Student employment opportunities that enhance leadership development
- Intramural programs and sports clubs that offer leadership roles for participants, such as through service as team captains, club officers, and so forth
- Outreach to students through SOAR, NSO, Open Houses, Homecoming, Alumni College, and Family & Friends Weekend, and other college events
- Providing access to quality facilities
In addition, Campus Recreation provides:
- High-quality programs, qualified personnel, and state-of-the-art equipment in a supportive and safe environment
- Opportunities to develop lifelong leisure practices associated with physical, spiritual, and intellectual health and well-being, all of which support making responsible choices that contribute to overall well-being
- Inclusive recreational opportunities and environments that foster an appreciation for diversity
- Employment, volunteer, and service opportunities for students to develop a commitment to serving humanity
2009 Outstanding Sports Facilities Award
The Springfield College Wellness and Recreation Complex received the 2009 Outstanding Sports Facilities Award at the annual conference of the National Intramural-Recreational Sports Association in Charlotte, N.C. Read more.
- Contact the Wellness and Recreation Complex Welcome Desk at (413) 748-3396.
- Direct any facilities schedule inquiries to Pete Avdoulos
- Phone: (413)748-3445
- Email: email@example.com
- Facility Request Form: Click here.