SHS EMP Application Instructions
Executive Master’s Program Application Instructions
Apply now by choosing one of the following options:
- Apply online.
You will be required to pay the $40 application fee using a credit card.
- Download the application and mail or email the completed form to the coordinator of the Executive Master’s Program at email@example.com.
- Request a copy of the application.
If you are applying online, we suggest using the latest version of Firefox.
- Completed Application for Admission to the Executive Master’s Program
- Typed personal statement
- Typed résumé
- Bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 2.50 or better
- Official transcripts from all colleges attended
- Organizational chart highlighting your position
- Copy of your job description
- Letter of sponsorship from the chairperson of your board of directors or CEO
- Letter of reference
- $40 application fee
*See below for requirements in more detail
If you are mailing your application, please include a check or money order for $40 made out to Springfield College/SHS. Or after successful completion and submission of your online application, contact the coordinator of the Executive Master’s Program at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In no more than three typed, double-spaced pages, please reply to the following. The content and quality of your writing will be evaluated.
- Reason for your interest in enrolling in the Executive Master’s Program
- Your expectations of benefits to your organization from the program
- Awareness of and ability to commit to the schedule of the program
- How you plan to use your master’s degree
Your résumé must detail your most recent five years of employment, and a minimum of five years of experience in community service or human service work, either paid or volunteer. You may email, fax, or mail your résumé to the Executive Master’s Program. Click here for contact information.
Your transcript must indicate conferral of undergraduate degree with a 2.50 GPA or higher. You may request that official transcripts be sent directly to the Executive Master’s Program or you may forward them to the program in their original, sealed envelope. Click here for contact information.
The letter must include level of commitment, both supportive and financial, to your pursuit of the master’s degree at Springfield College. You may email, fax, or mail your résumé to the Executive Master’s Program.
Please include a professional letter of reference from a person who can speak to the following qualities: your interpersonal skills, your ability to analyze and think critically, your imagination and creativity, and your clarity and precision in oral and written expression, and your effectiveness in your chosen profession. Personal references from family members are not accepted. You may email, fax, or mail your letter of reference to the Executive Master’s Program.Click here for contact information.
If you are applying online, you will be asked to pay your $40 application fee with a credit card. If you are mailing in your application, please send a check or money order made out to Springfield College/SHS to the Executive Master's Program at the address below. Please do not send in cash.
Coordinator, Executive Master's Program
School of Human Services
263 Alden Street
Springfield, MA 01109
Phone: (413) 748-3973