Stepping Up Day 2014
Springfield College hosted the 88th Annual Stepping Up Day Ceremony on Monday, May 5, 2014 on the Richard B. Flynn Campus Union Patio. With Stepping Up Day, the freshmen take a step up, sophomores become juniors, juniors become seniors, and seniors become alumni.
The spring of 1926 saw the first Stepping Up Day, which replaced the old "Decapitation Day" exercises, when the freshmen were allowed to remove their green beanies.
The ceremony started with remarks from Student Government Association Vice President for Student Affairs Paige Moran '16, Springfield College President Mary-Beth Cooper, and Student Government Association President Rebecca Jacobson '14.
President Cooper also led the swearing in of Student Government President-Elect Sarah Higgins '15, and student trustee Moriah Billups '15.
As part of the Stepping Up Ceremony, class presidents Kevin MacBride '14, Moriah Billups '15, Rocco DiStefano '16, and Michael Lawson '17 pass along the Lamp of Humanics.
- Springfield College moves up again in top tier of U.S.News & World Report Rankings
- Springfield College School of Social Work Welcomes Students at 2014 Weekend Program Convocation
- Springfield College Alumni Serve as Athletic Trainers for Chinese National Women's Soccer Team
- Springfield College Department of Physical Therapy Hosts Special Two-Day Course
- Springfield College Welcomes Paleoanthropologist Richard Leakey to Campus October 16