Springfield Youth Olympics at Springfield College
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield College hosted the seventh annual Springfield Youth Olympics at Blake Track on Saturday, Aug. 10. The College, YMCA of Greater Springfield, and the YMCA of Greater Hartford jointly entertained approximately 500 youths participating in track, field, and other sport competitions.
The opening ceremonies were held on Friday, Aug. 9, at the Field House inside the Wellness & Recreation Complex. Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno, YMCA of Greater Springfield President and CEO, Kirk Smith, and YMCA of Greater Hartford President and CEO, James Morton, were the featured speakers.
Saturday’s event featured youths participating in basketball, tennis, volleyball, wrestling, shot put, long jump, triple jump, high jump, and a variety of different races. Participants received medals for first, second, and third place finishes. All individuals taking part in the games received a ribbon and free Springfield Youth Olympics t-shirt.
- Tracey Matthews Named Dean of the Springfield College School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Springfield College Board of Trustees 2014-15 Board Elections
- Springfield College Physical Therapy Department Assists at Massachusetts Senior Games
- Springfield College Celebrates Jesse Parks Scholarship Recipients
- Springfield College Psychology Professor Awarded NCAA Innovations Research and Practice Grant