Springfield Youth Olympics at Springfield College
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield College hosted the seventh annual Springfield Youth Olympics at Blake Track on Saturday, Aug. 10. The College, YMCA of Greater Springfield, and the YMCA of Greater Hartford jointly entertained approximately 500 youths participating in track, field, and other sport competitions.
The opening ceremonies were held on Friday, Aug. 9, at the Field House inside the Wellness & Recreation Complex. Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno, YMCA of Greater Springfield President and CEO, Kirk Smith, and YMCA of Greater Hartford President and CEO, James Morton, were the featured speakers.
Saturday’s event featured youths participating in basketball, tennis, volleyball, wrestling, shot put, long jump, triple jump, high jump, and a variety of different races. Participants received medals for first, second, and third place finishes. All individuals taking part in the games received a ribbon and free Springfield Youth Olympics t-shirt.
- Springfield College School of Social Work Hosts Open House Feb. 5
- Springfield College Welcomes Hong Kong Baptist University Associate Vice President Frank Fu to Campus
- 2015 Spalding Hoophall Classic Award Winners Announced at Event
- Christopher Neronha Named General Counsel at Springfield College
- Springfield College Receives Community Engagement Classification by Carnegie Foundation