Springfield College Ranked One of Nation's Top Colleges Leading to Graduate School
Updated January 4, 2013
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield College has one of the highest percentages in the nation of alumni enrolling in graduate school within a year of graduation. According to a new list released this week by U.S.News & World Report, Springfield College ranks no. 8 for colleges that lead to graduate school.
More than 58 percent of Springfield College graduates have pursued an advanced degree within one year of completing their undergraduate degree, 31 points higher than the national average of 27 percent. Springfield College is the only Massachusetts college or university listed in the top 10 of the U.S.News & World Report study.
“Springfield College is committed to providing a quality education that contributes to the success of our graduates,” said Jean Wyld, Vice President for Academic Affairs. “We are pleased that our students have been successful in entering graduate and professional programs.”
Students with a master's degree have an average annual salary of $62,000 and an unemployment rate of only 3 percent, compared with $48,000 and 5 percent for those with a bachelor's degree, according to a 2012 report by the Center on Education and the Workforce at Georgetown University.
Springfield College ranked in the top tier in its category in U.S.News & World Report's 2013 edition of "Best Colleges” released in September. Springfield College appeared in the category of Best Regional Universities – North Region. The ratings were based on such variables as peer assessment, graduation and retention rates, student selectivity, class size, alumni giving, and student-faculty ratio.
Read the story in U.S. News
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Welcomed Renowned Nutritional Journalist to Campus
- Springfield College Communications/Sports Journalism Program Host 15th Anniversary Celebration
- Springfield College Hosts NIRSA Regional Flag Football Championships
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Sponsors Alumni College Event Focused on Childhood Obesity
- Springfield College School of Social Work to Host Open House Nov. 13