Springfield College Hosts 2014 New Student Assembly
Springfield College celebrated the opening of the 2014-2015 academic year on Friday, Aug. 29 with their New Student Assembly at Blake Arena. This year’s assembly was led by Springfield College President Mary-Beth Cooper.
As part of the assembly, students and their families officially were welcomed to campus by Cooper and members of the campus community. At the conclusion of the ceremony, new students joined their classmates and new student orientation leaders to begin familiarizing themselves with the College, its traditions, and all aspects of campus life.
The weekend is filled with group activities, including some time together at the College's East Campus, a “nature zone” a mile and a half from the main campus. Incoming first-year students were given their traditional Springfield College beanies to wear throughout the duration of new student orientation, which concludes on Monday, Sept. 1. Classes officially begin on Tuesday, Sept. 2.
- Springfield College Names 2015 William Beckett Teacher Preparation Scholarship Recipient
- Springfield College Holds 129th Undergraduate Commencement Ceremony
- Springfield College Holds 2015 Baccalaureate Ceremony
- Springfield College Holds 2015 Graduate Commencement Ceremony
- Springfield College Names Dr. Calvin R. Hill Vice President for Inclusion and Community Engagement