Springfield College Hosts 2014 Block Party on the Hill
In the photo above are members of the Block Party Planning Committee including (from left to right) Mattie Lacewell, Kathy Smith, Springfield College President Mary-Beth Cooper, Sarah Page, Adrienne Osborne, Jill Russell, and Ethel Griffin.
Springfield College hosted the 11th annual Block Party on the Hill on Thursday, Aug. 21, at the corner of Alden Street and Eastern Avenue. Springfield College partners with the Old Hill and Upper Hill Neighborhood Councils, HAPHousing, and the Partnership for the Renewal of Old Hill each year in hosting this community event.
Springfield College President Mary-Beth Cooper and Springfield Mayor Domenic Sarno helped kick-start the festivities greeting more than 1,000 neighbors from both the Upper Hill and Old Hill neighborhoods who were in attendance. Individuals attending were treated to free food, music, and dancing, while also being encouraged to join their local neighborhood councils.
Springfield College students once again volunteered their time serving food to the College’s neighbors. Along with the food and music, kids enjoyed face-painting and a bounce house.
Information about housing, health, education, and community services was also distributed by the representatives from the sponsoring organizations.
- Springfield College School of Social Work Hosts Open House Feb. 5
- Springfield College Welcomes Hong Kong Baptist University Associate Vice President Frank Fu to Campus
- 2015 Spalding Hoophall Classic Award Winners Announced at Event
- Christopher Neronha Named General Counsel at Springfield College
- Springfield College Receives Community Engagement Classification by Carnegie Foundation