Springfield College Honored with Super 60 Award
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield College has been awarded an Affiliated Chambers of Commerce of Greater Springfield’s (ACCGS) 2013 Super 60 Award; finishing first for revenue. Springfield College was honored at the award recognition luncheon at Chez Josef, in Agawam, Mass., on Oct. 25.
The ACCGS Super 60 Award is presented annually to the top businesses in the region that continue to make significant contributions to the strength of the regional economy. By achieving Super 60 status, Springfield College is recognized for the role it has played throughout the last year in the overall economic climate for the Pioneer Valley.
"Springfield College is proud of its leadership position in the Springfield community in both business and educational settings," said Springfield College President Mary-Beth A. Cooper. "Approximately 2000 students live on our campus, and we are one of the regions' largest employers, with almost 700 employees. Our students and staff members add to the economy by dining in local restaurants and purchasing goods and services from local businesses. The College also attracts thousands of visitors to the region each year by hosting many educational, athletic, and cultural events.”
Cooper added, “In addition, Springfield College remains committed to improving the quality of life in the Springfield area. Annually, our students contribute more than 120,000 hours to the local community through various service outreach programs. We leverage grants to support many community programs, and our unique educational and leadership development programs serve hundreds of area children.”
Nominating the College was the law firm of Cooley, Shrair P.C., counsel to the College. Nominees are private institutions or companies with revenues of at least $1 million in the last fiscal year and that are based in Hampden or Hampshire counties or are ACCGS members.
- Springfield College Sport Management and Recreation Department Chair Kevin McAllister Named President of the Board of Directors for U.S.A. Nordic Sport
- Springfield College Sports Communication Department Recognized by American Volleyball Coaches Association
- Springfield College Department of Social Sciences Chair Thomas Carty Chosen to Participate in Selective Seminar
- Springfield College Collaborates with Chinese Olympic Committee to Host Chinese National Softball Team
- Springfield College Master of Business Administration Students Place Third at National Case-study Competition