Springfield College Dance Performance
Springfield College presented a dance performance entitled Dancing it Forward recently in the Appleton Auditorium in the Fuller Arts Center. The performance was part of the 2013 William Simpson Fine Arts Series.
Under the artistic direction of Professor Cynthia Nazzaro, this richly textured program featured numerous different and unique works, including a piece created by guest artist James Morrow and performed by students in an Africanist, hip-hop fusion style.
In addition, Springfield College dance alumna Anna Seagrave brought a new work that was inspired by the habits and culture of women's work. It was performed by Seagrave and members of her Providence-based Larkspur Dance Company. Faculty member Michelle Marroquin performed a solo of traditional classical Indian dance. A high energy swing jazz piece, commissioned in 2010 and created by Nicole Kedaroe, closed the program.
- Springfield College Hosts Faculty Development Program
- Springfield College Set to Host 21st Annual African and African-American Education Research and Training Conference
- Springfield College Alumna Erin Pac Featured on Masslive.com
- Springfield College Humanics Oscar Gala Night
- Springfield College School of Social Work Hosts 25th Anniversary Celebration