Springfield College Dance Performance
Springfield College presented a dance performance entitled Dancing it Forward recently in the Appleton Auditorium in the Fuller Arts Center. The performance was part of the 2013 William Simpson Fine Arts Series.
Under the artistic direction of Professor Cynthia Nazzaro, this richly textured program featured numerous different and unique works, including a piece created by guest artist James Morrow and performed by students in an Africanist, hip-hop fusion style.
In addition, Springfield College dance alumna Anna Seagrave brought a new work that was inspired by the habits and culture of women's work. It was performed by Seagrave and members of her Providence-based Larkspur Dance Company. Faculty member Michelle Marroquin performed a solo of traditional classical Indian dance. A high energy swing jazz piece, commissioned in 2010 and created by Nicole Kedaroe, closed the program.
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate
- Springfield College Set to Host 2014 Peter V. Karpovich Lecture
- Springfield College Physical Therapy Department Hosts Greene Memorial Lecture
- Springfield College Public Safety Hosts Event Focused on Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Springfield College Welcomes New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein to Campus April 15