New Student Assembly 2013
Springfield College celebrated the opening of the 2013-2014 academic year on Friday, Aug. 30 with their New Student Assembly at Blake Arena. This year’s assembly was led by new Springfield College President Mary-Beth Cooper.
As part of the assembly, students and their families officially were welcomed to campus by Cooper and members of the campus community. At the conclusion of the ceremony, new students joined their classmates and new student orientation leaders to begin familiarizing themselves with the College, its traditions, and all aspects of campus life.
The weekend is filled with group activities, including some time together at the College's East Campus, a “nature zone” a mile and a half from the main campus. Incoming first-year students were given their traditional Springfield College beanies to wear throughout the duration of new student orientation, which concludes on Monday, Sept. 2. Classes officially begin on Tuesday, Sept. 3.
- Craig Poisson Named Springfield College Director of Athletics
- Springfield College Hosts 2015 Scholars in Action Day
- Springfield College Professor Selected to Massachusetts High School Swimming Coaches Hall of Fame
- Springfield College Hosts 2015 Greene Memorial Lecture in Physical Therapy
- National Volunteer Tutoring Program Implemented by Springfield College AmeriCorps Members