Martin Luther King Jr. Lecture
Springfield College Associate Professor of Communications Martin Dobrow presented his lecture entitled, “History at Our Doorstep: The Remarkable Journey of Martin Luther King Jr. to Springfield College,” on Jan. 22 in the Fuller Arts Center. The presentation celebrated the 50th anniversary of King’s commencement speech and honorary degree presentation at Springfield College.
Dobrow, who is a national award-winning journalist and author, shared his research for a forthcoming book that details the circumstances surrounding King’s commencement speech at the College 50 years ago this coming June. King visited Springfield College on June 14, 1964, just 10 months after the “I Have a Dream” speech and six months before receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.
In 2004, Dobrow’s article in the Triangle magazine entitled, “The Time is Always Right to do Right,” paid homage to King and recapped a historic moment between the College and King.
MEDIA MENTIONS LEADING UP TO THE LECTURE
Leading up to the lecture, Dobrow appeared on the WHYN AM 560's morning and he also appeared on WGBY's Connecting Point. Click here for a preview of the show.
- Tracey Matthews Named Dean of the Springfield College School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Springfield College Board of Trustees 2014-15 Board Elections
- Springfield College Physical Therapy Department Assists at Massachusetts Senior Games
- Springfield College Celebrates Jesse Parks Scholarship Recipients
- Springfield College Psychology Professor Awarded NCAA Innovations Research and Practice Grant