Martin Luther King Jr. Lecture
Springfield College Associate Professor of Communications Martin Dobrow presented his lecture entitled, “History at Our Doorstep: The Remarkable Journey of Martin Luther King Jr. to Springfield College,” on Jan. 22 in the Fuller Arts Center. The presentation celebrated the 50th anniversary of King’s commencement speech and honorary degree presentation at Springfield College.
Dobrow, who is a national award-winning journalist and author, shared his research for a forthcoming book that details the circumstances surrounding King’s commencement speech at the College 50 years ago this coming June. King visited Springfield College on June 14, 1964, just 10 months after the “I Have a Dream” speech and six months before receiving the Nobel Peace Prize.
In 2004, Dobrow’s article in the Triangle magazine entitled, “The Time is Always Right to do Right,” paid homage to King and recapped a historic moment between the College and King.
MEDIA MENTIONS LEADING UP TO THE LECTURE
Leading up to the lecture, Dobrow appeared on the WHYN AM 560's morning and he also appeared on WGBY's Connecting Point. Click here for a preview of the show.
- Springfield College 2014 Graduating Senior Art Exhibition
- 2014 Scholars in Action Day
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Introduces Wellness Through Sports Program
- New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein Visits Springfield College
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate