All College Meeting 2013
Members of the Springfield College faculty and staff participated in the annual All College Meeting Thursday, Aug. 29 in Dana Gymnasium. The gathering officially welcomed back the campus community for the new academic year.
This year’s meeting began with Springfield College Trustee and Chair of the Presidential Search Committee John Odierna introducing the new president of the College, Mary-Beth Cooper.
“From the bottom of my heart, I am thrilled to be here at Springfield College,” said Cooper. “I want to say thank you to everyone at today’s meeting for all you do for this special place, Springfield College.”
Following her welcoming remarks, Cooper introduced Springfield College President Emeritus Richard B. Flynn, who presented the R. William Cheney Award to Tamie Kidess Lucey ’81 G’82, director of alumni relations. The Cheney Award is given out annually to a staff member in recognition of their devotion to the Springfield College community and their commitment to the Humanics philosophy.
Concluding the festivities was the introduction of new employees, as well as the recognition of individuals on campus who have reached employee anniversaries.
The following list below highlights the individuals recognized at this year’s All College Meeting for employment anniversaries:
- Springfield College 2014 Graduating Senior Art Exhibition
- 2014 Scholars in Action Day
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Introduces Wellness Through Sports Program
- New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein Visits Springfield College
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate