2014 Fit Fest Provides Healthy Choices
The annual Springfield College Fit Fest took place on Thursday, Feb. 20, in the Springfield College Field House. The event recognizes National Recreational Sports and Fitness Day, an annual event of the National Intramural-Recreation Sports Association.
More than 40 exhibits and activities hosted by Springfield College groups and area businesses addressed local resources for heart health, mental health, food safety, nutrition, and health care. Attendees had the opportunity to receive a free chair massage, have their blood pressure checked, have their body fat measured, and receive a free hearing test, get a flu shot, and learn about self-defense.
Exhibitors in attendance included: American Heart Association, YMCA, American Red Cross, Springfield Food Policy Council, Optimum Massage Therapy, WIC Program, Boston Medical Center, Medical Reserve Corps, Alzheimer’s Association, Live Well Springfield, Better Life Whole Foods, ARAMARK, and the Springfield Medical Reserve Corps.
Springfield College students competed for the titles of king and queen of Fit Fest through tests in power, strength, speed, and agility. The American Red Cross Blood Services also conducted blood donations in the Harold C. Smith Room located in Judd Gymnasia.
- Tracey Matthews Named Dean of the Springfield College School of Health, Physical Education and Recreation
- Springfield College Board of Trustees 2014-15 Board Elections
- Springfield College Physical Therapy Department Assists at Massachusetts Senior Games
- Springfield College Celebrates Jesse Parks Scholarship Recipients
- Springfield College Psychology Professor Awarded NCAA Innovations Research and Practice Grant