Support Staff Advisory Council
Springfield College's 2013-2014 Support Staff Advisory Council
Support Staff General Meetings
Please visit us at the Benefits Fair on May 8 for a chance to win a special prize.
|April 10 - Jeff Monseau from Archives (back by popular demand)|
|March 13 - Kelly Gonya from Marketing and Communications|
|February 13 - Question and Answer Session with Chief Jackson|
|January 16 - Tour of the College Archives with Jeff Monseau|
Those who braved the snowstorm were rewarded with a fun and informative tour. We will have Jeff back in April due to popular demand.
|December 12 - Holiday Celebration and Meeting |
|November 14 - Health Center Update with Jenn Devine, Director|
|October 17 - Employee Wellness with Kate McMahon and Nicole Bihler from Campus Recreation|
The Support Staff Advisory Council is comprised of individuals in the support staff employment category who represent the full- and part-time staff associates and service/maintenance employees at Springfield College. They act as liaisons between these employees and the administration, providing a forum for dialogue around employment-related policies. They promote communication, partnership, and career development and practices at Springfield College.
- To communicate concerns, requests and/or suggestions of support staff employees to the administration through the Director of Human Resources at periodic meetings.
- To receive information regarding changes in policy or development and implementation of new programs and to provide feedback.
- To promote a sense of community.
- To plan and coordinate a staff development day and/or other special employee events with other employee groups and the Office of Human Resources.
- To discuss and recommend programs and procedures of career growth and development.
Eleven members represent employees in the Support Staff employment category. Five members are from the staff associates group and six members are from the service/maintenance group. Council members are elected by the support staff employees to two-year terms on a rotating basis to ensure a continuity of experienced members on the council. Individuals may serve two consecutive terms. If a member resigns from the council before completing a term, a replacement will be elected.
The Support Staff Council normally meets monthly at a time convenient to the members. The Director of Human Resources attends these meetings, presenting information on current HR issues at Springfield College, including such things as benefits, human resources policies, and answering related questions.
Council members are encouraged to talk to their colleagues before meetings about pertinent issues or concerns. They are encouraged to bring related questions and suggestions to these meetings, and to offer feedback from the meetings concerning those issues. No topic is considered out-of-bounds, with the exception of confidential information.
2012-2013 Membership Roster
- Sabrina Best, Co-Chair, FACS, 3252
- Nancy Bosques-Levesque, Counseling Center, 3345
- Jennifer Dutko, Secretary, Student Activities, 3142
- Danielle Griffin, Co-Chair, Registrar's Office, 3149
- Sean Mangan, Chair, School of Social Work, 3047
- Don Mecure, FACS, 3252
- Marylouise Rollend, Treasurer, Babson Library, 3308
- Michele Smith, Public Safety, 3516
- Matt Wayland, Public Safety, 5552
- Valerie Williams, Advancement Services, 3163
- Danielle Witherspoon, School of Human Services, 3980