- Grants Resource Center. Extensive web-based resource available to faculty and staff at Springfield College. Membership in GRC is maintained by Grants & Sponsored Research. Call x3654 or email Linda Marston for the username and password.
- Foundation Center Cooperating Collection, Springfield City Library, 220 Main Street. The Springfield City Library (SCL) now provides the Foundation Center’s free access to resources, formerly located at the Western Massachusetts Funding Resource Center. Available are the Foundation Center's searchable CD databases, a collection of print materials, and access to their library of nonprofit publications. SCL staff will assist nonprofit organizations in using these resources to identify funding sources, and offer training in preparing grant applications. A free audio version of FC’s "Guide to Proposal Writing" is also available online.
- Other resources:
Proposal Writing Guides and How-To's:
- "Proposal Writing Basics" Register for Free Webinars Foundation Center
- Foundation Center's Proposal Writing Short Course:
- General grantwriting tips and resources from The Grantsmanship Center, with option to subscribe to its excellent free monthly e-Newsletter.
- Federal Agencies - most agencies now have excellent websites that include funding opportunities, searchable lists of recent grant awards, research trends, and free publications for download. Several have free email-notice services that you can customize according to your funding interests. Agency websites use a common format: www.[agencyname].gov for example: www.ed.gov for the Dept. of Education, www.nih.gov for National Institutes of Health, www.nsf.gov for the National Science Foundation.
- Grants.gov - One stop shopping for all federal grant opportunities. Note that all electronic grant applications by Springfield College faculty and staff are submitted through Grants & Sponsored Programs, following an internal college approval process. Springfield College has an established Organizational Registration -- you do NOT need to get registered as an individual. Contact Grants & Sponsored Programs if you have any questions about using Grants.gov