Springfield College To Host Fulbright Scholar
Posted June 28, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- Springfield College has been selected to host Fulbright Scholar, Majid Al-Busafi, Ph.D., from the Sultanate of Oman. Al-Busafi will be on campus starting in June and concluding in October with a focus on physical and coaching education.
Al-Busafi is currently a lecturer of sports sciences at the department of physical education at Sultan Qaboos University. His area of study is focused on coaching and physical education where he has higher coaching diplomas from Germany and Hungary. Al-Busafi will be learning from Springfield College coaches and faculty as he develops coach education in the region of the Gulf Coast countries.
“It’s a great honor for Springfield College to have a Fulbright Scholar on our campus,” said Doggett International Center Director Deborah Alm. “We are looking forward to this cultural and academic exchange.”
In recent years, Springfield College has welcomed a Fulbright scholar on campus on multiple occasions including James Ajala from Nigeria in 2001-2002. The college also co-hosted scholar Katalin Szikora from Hungary in 2007-2008. In addition, Springfield College faculty members Julia Chevan, Kenneth Wall, Marjeanne B. Vacco, and Joseph Wronka have received Fulbright Scholarships in the past.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the United Sates government, and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate
- Springfield College Set to Host 2014 Peter V. Karpovich Lecture
- Springfield College Physical Therapy Department Hosts Greene Memorial Lecture
- Springfield College Public Safety Hosts Event Focused on Dangers of Distracted Driving
- Springfield College Welcomes New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein to Campus April 15