Springfield College Presented Dancing with Isadora
Updated December 9, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. – Springfield College presented a dance performance entitled Dancing with Isadora: A Concert of New Choreography and Interactive Media from Friday, Dec. 7 through Sunday, Dec. 9 in the Appleton Auditorium in the Fuller Arts Center. The performance was part of the 2012 William Simpson Fine Arts Series.
Under the artistic direction of Cynthia Nazzaro, dancers explored exciting possibilities that emerged through improvisational structures, set choreography and changing performances enhanced by interactive technology bringing together movement, sound, text, and imagery.
“This performance featured investigating relationships between the dancing body and technology, social networking and pop culture, personal experience and the political sphere,” said Nazzaro. “Using an interactive media software program that creates a dynamic performance environment, computer graphics students worked closely with the dancers to enhance and extend the possibilities of expression. Audiences saw a dialogue between dancers and their own images on screen, as well as popular music and trendy dances that gave unexpected twists and turns of direction.”
- Springfield College 2014 Graduating Senior Art Exhibition
- 2014 Scholars in Action Day
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Introduces Wellness Through Sports Program
- New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein Visits Springfield College
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate