Springfield College Observes Patriot Day
Posted September 10, 2012
Springfield College observed Patriot Day on Tuesday, Sept. 11, 2012, with a tolling of the bells of the Richard B. Flynn Campus Union. Patriot Day is the official day of remembrance for the tragic events of Sept. 11, 2001.
The tolling of the bells marked the tragic events of that day:
8:46 a.m. - Crash of Flight 11 into the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
9:03 a.m. - Crash of Flight 175 into the South Tower of the World Trade Center.
9:37 a.m. - Crash of Flight 77 into the Pentagon.
9:59 a.m. - Collapse of the South Tower of the World Trade Center.
10:03 a.m. - Crash of Flight 93 in Pennsylvania.
10:28 a.m. - Collapse of the North Tower of the World Trade Center.
Springfield College will fly its flags on Naismith Green at half staff.
- Springfield College 2014 Graduating Senior Art Exhibition
- 2014 Scholars in Action Day
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Introduces Wellness Through Sports Program
- New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein Visits Springfield College
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate