Springfield College Department of Public Safety Officers Help Rescue Two Individuals From House Fire
June 1, 2012
Springfield College Department of Public Safety Officer David Cupillo and Sergeant Keith Poirier helped rescue two individuals from a house fire Thursday morning.
Cupillo and Poirier were doing a traffic detail near the main campus of the College when they saw smoke coming from a house on Albemarle Street. First on the scene, they arrived to find flames coming from the front of the three-family home. Cupillo entered the rear of the building and located two people sleeping on the third floor of the home and assisted them to safety while Poirier made sure that the remaining floors were unoccupied.
Following the evacuation of the home, both Cupillo and Poirier assisted with traffic and crowd control until additional officers from the Springfield Police Department and members of the Springfield Fire Department arrived on the scene.
- Springfield College 2014 Graduating Senior Art Exhibition
- 2014 Scholars in Action Day
- Springfield College Center for Wellness Education and Research Introduces Wellness Through Sports Program
- New York Times Bestselling Author David Epstein Visits Springfield College
- Springfield College Physician Assistant Program Produces Perfect Pass Rate