Springfield College Department of Public Safety Officers Help Rescue Two Individuals From House Fire
June 1, 2012
Springfield College Department of Public Safety Officer David Cupillo and Sergeant Keith Poirier helped rescue two individuals from a house fire Thursday morning.
Cupillo and Poirier were doing a traffic detail near the main campus of the College when they saw smoke coming from a house on Albemarle Street. First on the scene, they arrived to find flames coming from the front of the three-family home. Cupillo entered the rear of the building and located two people sleeping on the third floor of the home and assisted them to safety while Poirier made sure that the remaining floors were unoccupied.
Following the evacuation of the home, both Cupillo and Poirier assisted with traffic and crowd control until additional officers from the Springfield Police Department and members of the Springfield Fire Department arrived on the scene.
- Springfield College Hosts Faculty Development Program
- Springfield College Set to Host 21st Annual African and African-American Education Research and Training Conference
- Springfield College Alumna Erin Pac Featured on Masslive.com
- Springfield College Humanics Oscar Gala Night
- Springfield College School of Social Work Hosts 25th Anniversary Celebration