School of Social Work Hosts New Student Orientation
May 11, 2012
SPRINGFIELD, Mass. -- The Springfield College School of Social Work hosted a new student orientation and reception on May 10. Attending the event at the Brennan Center were students who have been accepted to the master of social work program for the 2012 - 2013 academic year for either full- or part-time study at the main campus in Springfield or at Saint Vincent Hospital in Worcester.
New students had the opportunity to meet each other and faculty members as well as current students, to learn more about their program of study, to begin considering field internship options, and to register for classes.
"Our new student orientation is among our favorite events each year as we welcome our newest students to the Springfield College School of Social Work learning community," said Francine J. Vecchiolla, dean of the Springfield College School of Social Work.
Vecchiolla added that this year was a "very competitive one for applicants for graduate study in social work as the labor market predictions in this field remain excellent."
- Springfield College Hosts Faculty Development Program
- Springfield College Set to Host 21st Annual African and African-American Education Research and Training Conference
- Springfield College Alumna Erin Pac Featured on Masslive.com
- Springfield College Humanics Oscar Gala Night
- Springfield College School of Social Work Hosts 25th Anniversary Celebration