A Team of Their Own: How it Works
- President Cooper makes a $10,000 gift to Friends of Springfield College Athletics in honor of the 50th Year of Women’s Varsity Athletics at Springfield College.
- The gift is designated as an 80/20 split with $2,000 for Friends of Springfield College Athletics and $8,000 dedicated to the incentive pool.
- The $8,000 incentive pool is divided into two prizes ($5,000, first place; $3,000, second place) and will be used to honor women’s athletics and increase giving to Springfield College from student-athlete alumni and families.
Structure of the Challenge
- The challenge will run for the first ten (10) months of the 2014 fiscal year (July 1, 2013-April 30, 2014).
- Gifts must be recorded during this time frame to count in the competition totals. Gifts received after the April 30 deadline will not count toward the challenge.
- Participation-11 Women’s Varsity Sports
- Participation includes: former student-athletes and families of current student-athletes identified with each sport through the Office of Advancement database.
- All gifts to Springfield College, regardless of designation, are credited to toward the challenge.
- Pledges do not count in determining participation.
Criteria for Crediting Former Student-athletes and Parents
- Highest percentage of former student-athletes and parents of current student-athletes of a sport that give back to Springfield College will win the challenge and receive $5,000.
- The second highest percentage of former student-athletes and parents of current student-athletes of a sport that give back to Springfield College will place in the challenge and receive $3,000.
- The number of former student-athletes and families of current student-athletes that have given back will be based on the number of student-athletes and families of current student-athletes that give back divided by the number of active student-athlete alumni and families of current student-athlete as of Nov. 1, 2013.
- Example: Team A has 10 donors out of a pool of 90 former student-athletes and 10 families of current student-athletes (10 percent).
- If a former student-athlete that has played multiple sports supports Springfield College, each sport in which they participated will receive credit as a former student-athlete of their program giving back.
- If a family of a present student-athlete that plays multiple sports supports Springfield College, each sport in which they participate will receive credit as a family of the program giving back