Guest Use of the Library
Alumni and guests are welcome to use the first floor of Babson Library until 6:00 PM. Check the library hours, or call the Information Desk at 413-748-3315 to see when we're open.
At the request of the Springfield Public School Department, high school students will only be allowed to use the library after 3:00 PM when Springfield Public Schools are in session.
Computer and Network Access
Six computers on the first floor are available for library guests and alumni. Present a photo ID at the Information Desk to receive a PIN slip to access the computers. Each PIN slip allows for 60 minutes of access and can be renewed depending on availability. PIN slips will not be issued after 5:00 PM.
Guests may also freely access the Springfield College wireless network with their own laptops or mobile devices.
Resources and Services
The following resources and services are available to library guests:
- Online catalog - Search for books and DVDs. Eligible guest borrowers may check out items in limited quantities.
- Databases - Search for scholarly articles or research a topic (only available in the library).
- Research assistance - Get help with your research needs at the Information Desk, or Ask the Library.
Guests eligible to borrow items from the library include:
- Students attending eligible area universities and colleges (requires valid university/college ID)
- Springfield City Library patrons (requires Springfield City Library card -AND- MA driver's license or state ID)
- Supervising Practitioners (requires MA driver's license or state ID)
- Springfield College Learning in Later Life members (requires MA driver's license or state ID)
- Residents of Reeds Landing (requires MA driver's license or state ID)
- Retired Springfield College employees - faculty and staff (requires verification from SC Human Resources Office OR a Springfield City Library card, AND an MA driver's license or state ID).
Eligible guests can register for borrowing privileges at the Information Desk. Registration expires (1) one year from the date of issue.
See our Borrowing policy for information about our borrowing policies.