- The Library Staff reserves the right to restrict use if people are waiting.
- Members of the Springfield College community have the highest priority to use the computers.
- Please refrain from viewing pornographic images because many people find them offensive.
- Keep conversations within reasonable sound levels.
- Use headphones when listening to music, watching videos, etc.
- Keep cell phones on vibrate and take calls elsewhere if possible.
Eight computers are reserved for the exclusive use of Springfield College faculty, staff and students.
Six computers are available for guests. Access to these computers before 6:00 PM requires the use of a PIN. PINs are available at the library information desk until 5:00 PM. A photo ID is required to request a PIN.
Wireless network access is available throughout the Babson Library building.
Children and Youth
- Babson Library assumes that parents or guardians of children are taking responsibility for their activities in the library, even if the children are unaccompanied.
- Children who are accompanied by a parent or guardian may use the same library facilities as their parent/guardian, and must be supervised.
- Only an accompanying parent/guardian for children under high school age can request a PIN to use the guest computers.
- Unaccompanied high school students are permitted to use the guest computers in accordance with the rules stated in this policy.
- When school is in session High School students are welcome to use Babson Library Services after 3:00 p.m. This is at the request of the Springfield Public School Department.
- Unaccompanied children and youth are restricted to the first floor of Babson Library.
Responsible Use of Technology
All students, faculty and staff of Springfield College and visitors to the College are responsible for adhering to the college's Technology Acceptable Use Policy.
The copyright law of the US (Title 17, USC) governs the making of photocopies or other reproductions of copyrighted material. The person using this equipment is liable for copyright infringement. We appreciate your consideration.