Class of 1979 - January 2014
January 31, 2014
Greetings to the mighty fine class of 1979!
OK time for some math… 2014 - 1979 = 35 YEARS since we were walking across the stage at the civic center in downtown Springfield Massachusetts. I am very excited to invite and welcome all my classmates HOME as we celebrate our 35th reunion.
- Mark your calendars: June 5-8, 2014. Please consider coming back to Springfield for all or part of this time for reminiscing- reconnecting and to reclaim our youth (I hear the waters of Massasoit are very magical)
- Five years ago I had an amazing time walking around the campus – even though I was completely lost at times with all the new and renovated buildings… the tornado destroyed the trees, yet the new landscaping is inviting and beautiful; it was nostalgic and reassuring…
- Top 6 reasons to attend
#6 the parade of classes!! Everyone loves a parade! (I know goofy tradition!)
# 5 no one notices your wrinkles
# 4 you can take a wine and beer 101 classes for a nominal fee
# 3 Dee Davies (LaMay) is bringing her photo album and taking bribes not to post that -you know which one that picture of you on Facebook
#2 Rob Reeves has agreed to dance to YMCA in the native American costume (read Loin Cloth)
# 1 – I know the committee and I sure want to hug and hang out with all the "79” folks – it has been WAY too long!
- Please fill out the enclosed pre-response form (with a YES) and return to the Office of Alumni Relations in the envelope provided- it will assist in planning of the weekend- it is not your formal registration- that will be sent later.
- We are creating a Facebook page and you will soon start receiving email blasts from Candy Dias (McLeod) and a phone call from one of us.
- Call the Marriott (downtown Springfield) at 413-781-7111 to make your reservation. Please be sure to mention the Springfield College Reunion room block. Reservations must be made no later than May 17 to receive the special group rate of $119/night. A major credit card is required to hold your reservation.
- Give back! Your support of the Springfield College Fund will boost our class participation and make a difference to today’s students.
All this effort is to make sure each of you know how important you were and that we need to continue to be in each other’s lives. I for one am very thankful for my time at Springfield College- it was a foundation that has served me well and many of you played a large part in creating the person I have become. Okay, enough sap mark your calendars- return the pre response form and read those email blasts and start practicing to stay up past 9 pm on the weekends… we have a lot of catching up to do!
Your 35th (yikes) Reunion Committee!
Roberta Harlow McFarland, Reunion Chair email@example.com
Candy Dias McLeod, Class President firstname.lastname@example.org
Jim Bates email@example.com
Mary Farnham Cooper firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Hastings email@example.com
Dee Davies LaMay firstname.lastname@example.org
Teresa Saletnik Mazik email@example.com
Marie Bernard Miszewski mmiszewski@regionalYMCA.org
Rob Reeves firstname.lastname@example.org
Laurel Greco Vicidomino email@example.com