Planning has begun! In the coming months you’ll be receiving more reunion info via email, snail mail, Facebook and the SC 1974 web page. Here are a few things we want to pass along now...
- For info on who has already committed to be at reunion check out the class of ’74 page on the SC web site www.SpringfieldCollege.edu/alumni-relations/class-pages/class-of-1974. If your name doesn’t appear and you plan to attend PLEASE mail in the enclosed pre-response form. This includes our friends from other classes who are joining us. It takes a lot of planning to organize reunion and it’s helpful to know if we are planning events for 120 people or 175 (or more!).
- We’re encouraging everyone to stay in International –all class of ’74 events will be held on campus with the exception of the pueblo party on Friday night. We will have a shuttle to/from camp. Park your car and don’t worry about driving until Sunday.
- ’74 Events include a cookout Thursday night, the après golf reception and the Pueblo Party on Friday, the parade of classes and the class dinner on Saturday.
- The Pueblo Party and Class Dinner will feature live music – the 74/75 House Band will be back in town as will the Who Knows Band.
- Class dues are $40. The economy still isn’t great and the cost of everything has gone up since our last reunion. In order to keep the things we have traditionally provided, dues need to go up too. You can send them now, using the enclosed voucher or you can pay them at reunion registration. Please don’t let the $40 scare you away! If your financial situation prohibits you from paying the full amount (or any amount) we still want you to come back! On the other hand, if you are blessed with a little extra money and you’d like to send a larger contribution please do!! Dues pay for reunion expenses – class memorabilia , bar license and bartenders at the pueblo, parade trinkets, paper products & some of the food for the hospitality suite, ICE, live music, stuff like that. We are in a little bit of a hole with our treasury and we can use all the help we can get to make our 40th reunion the best reunion ever!
- As in the past, Alumni Relations hosts a silent auction to help classes raise money. Our goal for 2014 is to donate more auction items than we have at past reunions. The money from ’74 donated items goes to the ’74 treasury. Pam will be sending out more details about this in the not-too-distant future. In the meantime, put your thinking caps on and see if you can conjure up a donation item with a minimum $50 value that could help fill our coffers.
- Don’t forget the Alumni Fund in your charitable contributions this year! If you give every year, thank you! If you haven’t made a gift please know that any amount works. We’re trying to raise our percentage of class donors.
- Please join us on the Springfield College Class of 1974 and Friends Facebook page!
A message from our president...
This message is to those of you who have committed to returning to the Springfield College campus June 5-8, 2014 for your 40th Reunion. If you have committed to coming back, you get it. You probably have been back for previous Reunions and you understand what a rich and rewarding experience it is to spend 3 or 4 days with classmates who shared a wonderful 4 years of college education. And if you are like me, you attended your first Class of ’74 Reunion because you got a phone call from one of your classmates. I had absolutely NO intention of attending our 10th Reunion until I received a call in the fall of 1983 from Howie Gilson. Howie encouraged me to come back to campus for Reunion. That call made all the difference for me because I knew there would be at least one friendly face waiting for me when I got to campus for Reunion in June of 1984. That phone call from Howie changed my life.
Bring One Person Back
You can change somebody’s life too! I’m asking each one of you to reach out to somebody you knew in college and encourage them to return for our 40th Reunion next June. Letters don’t get people back to campus. E-mails don’t get people back to campus. People get people back to campus. And people is what make the Class of ’74 Reunions better than any other Alumni class! Please identify somebody you knew in college, pick up the phone and invite them to join you back on campus next June. And if they say yes, you can invite them to contact somebody that they were close to in college. Need help finding a phone #? No problem! Contact me and I will get all the contact info we have on your friend. You can call me, email me or text me to get a phone #. I look forward to seeing you on campus next June. Thank you for supporting your Alumni Class and Springfield College.
Some of you have been back for reunion, some of you haven’t yet. We’d like to see all of you! Don’t put it off for another 5 years; unfortunately we’re not getting any younger. Start making plans today!
Carol Calak Doyle - firstname.lastname@example.org
Pam Miller Hogarth - email@example.com