1. Complete the Transfer Student Online Application Form.
2. Complete the *Transfer Student Personal Essay and mail it to the admissions office.
*Transfer Student Personal Essays
|It is our hope to get to know you as well as possible through this application. Please submit on a separate sheet of paper a response to the following question.|
Q. Please comment on the aspects of your life which have led you to select your intended major and why you believe Springfield College will meet your educational needs.
3. Send transcripts of all high school and any college courses.
Please submit official transcripts from high school and any colleges attended to: Springfield College, Office of Admissions, 263 Alden Street, Springfield MA 01109-3797
4. Obtain one personal reference.
*Personal References: Personal Reference Form (.pdf)
The Personal Reference Form is necessary to fully complete your admissions requirements. References should be someone other than a relative, such as a teacher, employer, or other individual who knows you well.
If you are seeking admission to the Physical Education program, an additional reference will be sent to you by the Office of Admissions upon receipt of your application.
5. Dean's Report Form
The attached Dean's Report Form must be completed by the dean of students at any two-or four-year institution at which you were enrolled full-time (12 credits or more per semester). This form must be sent directly from the dean of students to the Office of Admissions.
6. Schedule a personal interview with Springfield College.
*Personal Interview: Alumnus(a) Interview Report Form (.pdf)
Applicants are encouraged to interview but are not required to do so. Students wishing to interview are asked to call the Office of Admissions between 8:30 am and 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
7. Obtain and complete the Springfield College financial aid application and the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
*Financial Aid Deadlines
Financial aid applicants must obtain the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and the Springfield College application for financial aid. The FAFSA must be centrally processed and should be filed with the designated processor at least four weeks prior to the financial aid deadline. Deadline for receipt of all credentials in the Office of Financial Aid is May 1 for transfer candidates. The CEEB code for Springfield College is 3763. The Federal code is 002211.
- December 1 - Last day on which applications are accepted for students enrolling in January.
- December 1 - Application deadline for Athletic Training candidates.
- January 15 - Application deadline for Physician Assistant and Occupational Therapy candidates.
- January 15 - Last day on which supporting credentials can be received for Athletic Training candidates.
- February 1 - Last day on which supporting credentials can be received for Physician Assistant and Occupational Therapy candidates.
- March 30 - Last day on which applications and supporting credentials can be received for Physical Therapy candidates.
- July 15 - Priority deadline for Fall enrollment.
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. All correspondence should be addressed to:
Springfield College, Office of Admissions, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109-3797
We have a toll-free telephone number you can call anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday through Friday. That number is (800) 343-1257.