Evaluation Criteria & Awards
Members of the Springfield College faculty and administration will be selected to assess each presentation. Awards will be given to the top presentation and to the runner-up in each of seven categories (Literary Readings will not be evaluated).
Please select a category below to view a more detailed description and its evaluation criteria:
- Analytical Poster (historical, philosophical, review, academic paper, research synthesis)
- Descriptive Poster (questionnaire, interview, qualitative, normative survey, case study)
- Experimental Poster (manipulation of treatment in attempt to establish a cause and effect relationship)
- Conference Paper (analytical argument, academic paper, research synthesis)
- Artwork (drawings, paintings, prints, photography, sculpture, ceramics, crafts)
- Literary Reading (from published poetry, fiction, and newspaper articles)
- Portfolio (showcase of your professional strengths in a particular discipline)
- Multimedia Presentation (combination of text, audio, still images, animation, video, and/or interactivity
*Note: If you have difficulty deciding which category to select, please seek advice from your faculty sponsor.