Application Instructions for First Year Students
- Complete the *First-Year Student Personal Essay and mail it to the admissions office, or email@example.com. If choosing to email, please be sure to indicate your first and last name, and your home mailing address.
First-Year Student Personal Essay
It is our hope to get to know you as well as possible through this application. Please submit on a separate sheet of paper a response to the following question.
Q. Please comment on the aspects of your life which have led you to select your intended major and why you believe Springfield College will meet your educational needs.
- Submit official transcript(s). Send your official transcript from secondary/high school with proof of graduation. Math and Science requirements should have been met during your secondary education. All transcripts must be in English. If the institution was located outside of the U.S., and the instruction was not in English, you are required to submit a professional credential evaluation from any member of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES), www.naces.org. If requesting transfer of credits, a course-by-course report is required. We can recommend World Education Services (www.wes.org) or Josef Silny & Associates, Inc. (www.jsilny.com) for evaluations.
Please have your transcript documents submitted directly to the International Center: Springfield College, International Office, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109-3797 firstname.lastname@example.org
***Transfer Students have one additional step:
Submit Completed Dean’s Report Form
- Obtain one personal reference.
*Personal References: Personal Reference Form (.pdf)
The Personal Reference Form should be completed and returned directly to the Office of Admissions by the person you select. Your reference should be someone other than a relative, such as a teacher, employer, clergy member, or someone else who knows you well enough to make important judgments about your abilities.
- For international applicants with a native language other than English, proof of English Proficiency must be demonstrated.
*Proof of English Proficiency
Springfield College recognizes the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) TOEFL-IBT Minimum score needed for undergraduate: 69
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) IELTS Minimum score needed for undergraduate: 6.0
- Submit an official report showing successful completion of a partner English language program in the U.S. We also recognize the MELAB & PTE ACADEMIC tests.
- Complete the First-Year Student Online Application Form and pay the application fee.
*Complete the application to the best or your ability….you may need to enter in certain information creatively to continue through the application (ex: zip code / phone number)
***Note that certain majors require additional credentials / certain specialized programs also may require earlier application deadlines ***
Instructions and further information will be forwarded to applicants seeking acceptance to the following programs:
- Athletic Training
- Physician Assistant
- Emergency Medical Services Management
- Occupational Therapy
International applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they can…International applicants are evaluated on a rolling admissions basis
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. All correspondence should be addressed to:
Springfield College, International Center, 263 Alden Street, Springfield, MA 01109-3797
*You can call the International Office anytime between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. (EST), Monday through Friday. The number is (413) 748-3215.*After acceptance, International Applicants will have to submit their Financial Guarantee Form and make a $1,000 tuition deposit. The student will then be sent the I-20 Form, which is used to apply for the F1 student visa.