Application and other forms are available in the administrative assistant’s office. They will be acted upon in the semester in which they are received; the cumulative indices will be those of the last semester completed.
2. Applications must be received by the announced deadlines as listed below or the file will not be reviewed. Particular dates will be published and posted in the Visual Arts Department Office. In general, applications will be reviewed in November and May.
3. Students must be matriculated in the semester BEFORE they wish to do their internship. If you plan to do your internship in the Spring semester, you must matriculate by the November deadline. If you wish to do your internship in the Fall or Summer, you must matriculate by the May deadline.
4. Applications are submitted to the administrative assistant and will be given to the Graduate Director. Check your file with your advisor thoroughly before submitting your application.
5. Non-matriculated Art Therapy majors are eligible ONLY for the pre-practicum experience. They are not eligible for any other specific upper level courses unless determined by their advisors.
6. Students who are not matriculated by their 30th semester hour must have a meeting with the A.P.R. and the department chair.
Students will be notified of their status after review by the Appraisal and Retention Committee. The Appraisal and Retention Committee consists of the student’s advisor and senior faculty members in the Visual Arts Department. Letters will be sent to each student, with copies to the student’s advisor and the coordinator of the internship. A minimum, cumulative grade point average of 3.0 is required each semester in the program. In order to graduate, course work and fieldwork must be completed with passing grades. In addition, all students are required to participate in a final art show.
Student learning is evaluated through coursework, creative productions, and in their practicum and internship experiences.