Marjorie Marcotte Faculty Profile
Marjorie MarcotteProfessor of Psychology
Phone: (413) 748-3075
Locklin Hall, Room 312
- BA, Psychology, Mount Holyoke College
- MA, Psychology, Mount Holyoke College
- EdD, Educational Psychology, American International College
Clinical and Research Interests:
Research interests include effective teaching, critical thinking, and mentoring, with specific interest in each of these areas as they relate to Psychology and incorporating students’ perceptions.
Graduate and/or Doctoral
- Psychological Testing
- Research Methods
- Introduction to Statistics
- Experimental Design
- Coordinating Seminar (senior capstone course)
- Marcotte, M., & Flowers, B. (2013, October). Students’ perceptions of characteristics of effective teaching. Poster presented at New England Psychological Association Annual Conference, Bridgeport, CT.
- Marcotte, M. (2007, January). Development of leadership skills through peer mentoring. Presentation at Psi Chi National Leadership Conference, Atlanta, GA.
- Marcotte, M., Alshuk, A., Hill, K., Penzero, C., & Smith, A. (2002, October). Mentoring: Former outcomes, future directions. Poster presented at the annual meeting of the New England Psychological Association, Psi Chi Program, Nashua, NH.
- Marcotte, M. (2002, April). Faculty and student mentoring: Parallel processes. Poster session presented at the New England Educational Research Organization Annual Conference, Northampton, MA.
- Maggio, L.M., Marcotte, M., Perry, J., & Truax, D. (2001). Student perspectives on family therapy training. Journal of Systemic Therapies, 20 (1), 36-44.