Elizabeth Morgan Faculty Profile
Assistant Professor of Psychology
Director of Undergraduate Psychology Program
Locklin Hall, Room 313
BA, Occidental College
MSW, University of Michigan
MA, University of California, Santa Cruz
PhD, University of California, Santa Cruz
Clinical and Research Interests:
- Adolescent and emerging adult sexual and romantic relationship development
- Sexual orientation/identity development, specifically bisexual and heterosexual identity development
- Social contexts of sexual development (e.g., parent-child relationships, peers, and media)
- Narrative identity studies and methodologies
- PSYC 101: Introduction to Psychology (undergraduate)
- PSYC 301: Experimental Design (undergraduate)
- PSYC 415: Child Development and Therapy (undergraduate)
- PSYC 422: Interviewing and Counseling (undergraduate)
- PSYC 639: Human Life Span Development
- PSYC 705: Doctoral Research Practicum I
- PSYC 710: Doctoral Research Practicum II
Morgan, E. M. (2013). Contemporary issues in sexual orientation and identity development in emerging adulthood. Emerging Adulthood, 1, 52-66.
Morgan, E. M., & Zurbriggen, E. L. (2012). Sexual values and their sources: Tracking changes over the first year of college. Journal of Adolescent Research, 27, 471-497.
Morgan, E. M., & Korobov, N. (2012). Interpersonal identity formation in conversations with close friends about dating relationships. Journal of Adolescence, 35, 1471-1483.
Morgan, E. M. (2012). Not always a straight path: College students’ narratives of heterosexual identity development. Sex Roles, 66, 79-93.
Morgan, E. M. (2011). Associations between young adults’ use of sexually explicit materials and their sexual preferences, behaviors, and satisfaction. Journal of Sex Research, 48, 520-530.
Morgan, E. M., & Thompson, E. M. (2011). Processes of sexual orientation questioning among heterosexual women. Journal of Sex Research, 48, 16-28.
Morgan, E. M., Snelson, C., & Elison-Bowers, P. (2010). Image and video disclosure of substance use on social media websites. Computers in Human Behavior, 26, 1405-1411.
Morgan, E. M., Richards, T. C., & VanNess, E. M. (2010). Comparing narratives of personal and preferred partner characteristics in online dating advertisements.Computers in Human Behavior, 26, 883-888.
Morgan, E. M., Steiner, M. G., & Thompson, E. M. (2010). Processes of sexual orientation questioning among heterosexual men: Cognitive and behavioral exploration. Men & Masculinities, 12, 425-443.
Morgan, E. M., Thorne, A., & Zurbriggen, E. L. (2010). A longitudinal study of young adults’ conversations with parents about sex and dating during college. Developmental Psychology, 46, 139-150.