Health Studies Minor
Students will select a minimum of 15 credits from the courses listed below to complete the minor.
- HLTH 210 - Consumer and Environmental Health Credits: 3
- HLTH 260 - Drugs and Society Credits: 3
- HLTH 261 - Introduction to Nutrition Credits: 3
- HLTH 304 - Methods and Materials in Health and FACS:Secondary Credits: 1.5
- HLTH 308 - Methods and Materials in Health and FACS: Elementary Credits: 1.5
- HLTH 343 - Community Health Education Credits: 3
- HLTH 355 - Human Sexuality Credits: 3
- HLTH 360 - Violence Prevention and Psychosocial Health Credits: 3
- HLTH 365 - Family and Group Dynamics in Health Education Credits: 3
- HLTH 425 - Human Disease and Health Literacy Credits: 3
- HSRS 201 - Introduction to Health Care Ethics Credits: 3
- HSRS 410 - Health and Health Care Disparities Credits: 3
- HSRS 430 - Public Health Concepts Credits: 3
HLTH 260, 261, 304, 308, and 355 are recommended for students seeking health/family and consumer science teacher licensure. Most states require 30 or more credits in health/family and consumer science for teacher licensure. For more information, contact the Office of Educator Preparation and Licensure at (413) 748-3155.
HLTH 365 is specifically required for Connecticut licensure.