Sigma Tau Delta
Sigma Tau Delta (ΣΤΔ) is the International English Honor Society. Springfield College’s chapter, Alpha Omicron Xi, was recognized by the national organization in 2007, and in spring 2008 the first Springfield College members were inducted into the society.
Membership is open to English majors and minors who have met the following eligibility requirements:
- Complete at least three semesters of college coursework.
- Complete at least three courses in English beyond college writing.
- Earn an English coursework GPA of at least 3.00.
- Earn an overall GPA of at least 3.00.
For more information, contact the chapter faculty sponsor:
Prof. Rebecca Lartigue
Recent ΣΤΔ Programs and Activities
- Presenting scholarly papers and creative writing at the International Sigma Tau Delta conventions in Minneapolis and Portland, Ore.
- Participating in Springfield College’s Adopt-a-Family holiday program.
- Hosting word-game nights and potluck dinners.
- Touring Emily Dickinson’s home in Amherst.