Sport and Exercise Psychology (Doctoral) Program Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge of established and emerging theories in sport and exercise psychology.
- Understand and be capable of applying the scientific method including its assumptions and implications; as well as employ an intellectual approach in hypothesis making and hypothesis testing.
- Demonstrate the ability to produce effective written work deemed publishable in appropriate professional contexts.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge in designing and making oral presentations to audiences in both practical and scientific settings.
- Apply knowledge of the physical, psychological, and social aspects of sport and exercise to help others maximize performance in sport and exercise settings.
- Contribute to the body of knowledge of psychology in sport and exercise settings.
- Understand and demonstrate ethical responsibility as an educator, consultant and/or researcher, within educational, sport and exercise settings.
- Be capable of utilizing appropriate knowledge, methodologies, and pedagogical techniques to effectively teach at colleges and universities.
- Demonstrate the skills and proficiencies necessary to attain professional certification as a sport psychology consultant.