Jasmin Hutchinson, PhD
Jasmin Hutchinson, PhD
Associate Professor of Exercise and Sport Studies
Office: ATES 203
Phone: (413) 748 3601
- AEXS 101, Intro to exercise Science
- HLTH 261, Intro to Nutrition
- AEXS 350 and 486, Internship I and II
- AEXS 401, Health/Fitness Management
- PSYC 674, Counselling for Enhanced Performance
Jasmin Hutchinson received her undergraduate degree (BSc in sport science, physical education, and social science) from Loughborough University, UK, a master’s degree in exercise science from Eastern Illinois University, and a PhD in sport psychology from Florida State University. She previously taught at Oxford College of Emory University, before joining Springfield College in 2010. Her research interests include psychophysiology, attentional focus, and the effects of music in sport and exercise.
- Hutchinson, J.C. & Karageorghis, C. I. (2013, September). Moderating influence of dominant attentional style and exercise intensity on psychological and psychophysical responses to asynchronous music. British Association of Sport and Exercise Sciences, Preston, UK. (National).
- Hutchinson, J.C., Karageorghis, C.I., Barrett, S., Dalton, P., Foster, J., Gabana, N.T., Blodgett, K. & Marshall, B. (2013, May). Moderating Influence of Dominant Attentional Style and Exercise Intensity on Psychological Responses to Asynchronous Music. American College of Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN. (National).
- Gabana, N.T., Hutchinson, J.C., Karageorghis, C.I., Barrett, S., Dalton, P., Foster, J., Blodgett, K. & Marshall, B. (2013, May). Influence of Music, Attentional Style, and Exercise Intensity on Attentional Focus and RPE. American College of Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN. (National).
- Karageorghis, C.I., Hutchinson, J.C., Jones, L., Farmer, H.L., Ayhan, M.S., Wilson, R.C., Rance, J. Hepworth, C.J. & Bailey, S.G. (2013, May). Psychological, Psychophysical, And Ergogenic Effects Of Music In Swimming. American College of Sports Medicine, Indianapolis, IN. (National).
- Hutchinson, J. C., Karageorghis, C. I & Jones, L. (2014) See Hear: Psychological Effects of Music and Music-Video During Treadmill Running. Annals of Behavioral Medicine. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1007/s12160-014-9647-2
- Longman, D., Hutchinson, J.C., Stock, J.T., Wells, J.C.K. (2014) Attentional strategies during Rowing. Journal of Basic & Applied Sciences, 10, 321-331.
- Hutchinson, J. C. & Sherman, T. (2014). The relationship between exercise intensity and preferred music intensity. Sport, Exercise and Performance Psychology. Advance online publication. doi: 10.1037/spy0000008
- Hutchinson, J. C., & Karageorghis, C. I. (2013). Moderating influence of dominant attentional style and exercise intensity on responses to asynchronous music. Journal of Sport & Exercise Psychology, 35, 625–643.
- Karageorghis, C. I., Hutchinson, J. C., Jones, L., Farmer, H. L., Ayhan, M. S., Wilson, R. C., … & Bailey, S. G. (2013). Psychological, psychophysical, and ergogenic effects of music in swimming. Psychology of Sport and Exercise, 14(4), 560-568.
- Barfield, J. P., & Hutchinson, J. C. (2012). Social-cognitive influences on students’ maintenance of physical activity across the first year of college. The Physical Educator, 69, 171-187.
- Hutchinson, J. C., Sherman, T., Davis, L.K., Cawthon, D., Reeder, N.B., & Tenenbaum, G. (2011). The influence of music on a supramaximal exercise bout. International Journal of Sport Psychology, 41, 135-148.